A night out
For the past 18 months part of my time at work has been spent on a major project. By major I means tens of thousands of man hours and millions of dollars. Now the project is winding down. Last night there was a dinner for the company people involved. So we got our good clothes on and off we went.


We really had a wonderful time.  It was at  local very nice restaurant.  Of course Elizabeth had called ahead to research the food so I would not eat and "evil spirits".  That is what we call food off my diet.  After eating there was a very funny program that was based on the Academy Awards.  The hosts were two managers who were suppose to be Lady Gaga and Rod Stewart.  She looks almost believable but not him.  He is a good friend of mine and Indian by heritage.  Some said he looked like a very tan Rod Stewart. 


The 40 or so company employees were broken into about a dozen team.  As the members of each team were recognized, we went to the front of the room and one member would say a few words.  I worked with a woman named Anne.  She quickly grabbed the microphone and told the crowd I would be saying a few words.  Thank goodness for those Toastmasters meetings.  We were also given a silver bag.


In the bag was a nice cover for an Ipad.

Monday when I get to work they will also give me an Ipad to put into it.  I was shocked.  Even without the gift it was a wonderful evening.  I was so proud of Elizabeth.  She looked beautiful in her new outfit.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home