Eye scare
We had a bit of a scare yesterday, Wednesday.  I was suppose to attend a meeting at an engineering firm's office.  It is a 30 minute drive from where I work.  It was a beautiful clear day.  As I was driving I noticed little black spot kept flashing around the edge of my field of vision.  I called Elizabeth and asked her to call the eye doctor.  I am extremely nearsighted.  The doctor said it would be easy for me to suffer a detached retina.  Within minutes Elizabeth called me back and said I needed to stop an get her and then we had to go to the doctor's office.  When Elizabeth explained the situation to the nurse she also asked which eye surgeon we would prefer if needed.  At the office she dilated my eyes and looked around.  Luckily there is not retina damage.  She said the vitera, the clear liquid in the eye, had separates and that was causing the spots.  I do not fully understand but she said it was not anything to worry about.  Phew.  I do have to go back in 6 weeks and until then no heavy lifting.  Having something happen to my eyes has always been one of my biggest worries.  I wonder if that is common for people who have had vision problems basically all of their lives?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home