Dec 10 update
I know it has been quite a while since I last updated this blog.  A lot has happen in that time.  I will not try to capture it all but here are the high points.
My Colitis is still in remission.  YEAH!  Although things look good we are still being very careful with food.  I do not want that to flare up again.
We had a quiet but nice Thanksgiving.  There were four of us; Elizabeth, Candi, our friend Sid and myself.  We decided not to have turkey but chose prime rib instead.  It was delicious.
The house has some Christmas decorations up and there are lights outside.  Although I have lived in Texas for the past 22 years I still find the Christmas decorations strange.  It just does not seem right to see Christmas lights on a palm tree or a flowering rose bush.

We are into the party season.  This past week Elizabeth had the members of her Toastmasters club here for a party.  It was very nice.  Since they were Toastmasters, each read a short story or poem for the occasion.  Tonight we are going to a party for a group I meet with.  It has been a while since we have done this.  Before I got sick in 2009, we use to go out frequently.  In fact when Elizabeth was working as marketer for a local florist we went to a lot of events.  Some at places, like multi-million dollar houses, I would never have visited otherwise.

I have started my Christmas shopping but still have more to do.  While I will be charging all my Christmas gifts, I have been saving all year so the money is on the bank.  This coming week will be my last week to work this year.  In fact I will be done early Thursday afternoon.  Looking forward to a few weeks off.

One thing I plan to do is ride my bike.  Today I had to buy a new pair of bike shoes.  My old pair gave up after 9 years.  I tried to repair them using duck tape but it just did not work.  Now I will have to spend the next few rides adjusting them so they are just right.

So those are the highlights.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home