What a waste!!
Today was a pretty typical Saturday.  I got up early and did some early morning stuff.  Actually I got up a little later than normal so I did not do as much as I would have liked.  Around 6 I got ready to ride.  I ate a homemade scone, it was delicious, a banana and drank a glass of milk with some strawberry Carnation instant breakfast in it.  Then I was off to ride.  I rode about 35 miles.  My route took me through the University of Houston Clear Lake campus.  I have ridden here many many times but today I noticed this pole at the crosswalk.  If you click on the picture you can see a larger image.

 
It says to press the button for cross warning device.  To understand why this struck me you need to see a bigger picture.

You will notice, there are no lights.  In fact I pushed the button  and nothing happen.  No lights, no bells, nothing.  So why did the university waste money to install these devices?  Maybe the job is not done and something will be added later.
When I got home I had a bowl of cereal.  Then I was off to get a haircut.  I went back to a place called Roosters.  I got my last haircut there and really liked it.  In fact Elizabeth made an appointment for me.  I am not sure why they take appointments as they seem to mean little.  The barber I made the appointment with had another at the same time.  Luckily they was another barber available so I did not have to wait.

After I got home I got Elizabeth and we ran a couple of errands.  When we got home it was lunch time.  Actually lunch is not the right word.  On weekends I have my bigger meal at lunch.  I had a steak and baked potato.  Yum it was very good.  After lunch I cleaned the kitchen and then we both laid down for a nap.  I slept better than Elizabeth as there were a number of planes flying out of Ellington Field.

For supper I had a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup and some cheese and crackers.  A bit before sunset we took Candi for a walk.  Then we watched an episode of Hart to Hart for a DVD.  Now it is a bit after 9.  After I finish this I will do be ready to call it a day.
 
Hope you had a good Saturday


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home