August 26
I know.  It has been over a month so it is about time I posted a blog update.  What have we been doing all this time?  First we have been dealing with hot and dry.  I know other parts of the country have bad weather but in southeast Texas it has been hot and dry.  In fact it has been so dry,  people are actually hoping we will get a tropical storm soon.  If you have ever lived through a hurricane or even tropical storm, you know they are not things you typically look forward to.  I do not know the “official” number but we must be over 2 FEET behind normal rain fall.  And it is more than an inconvenience.  The farmers and ranchers are really suffering.  Almost every city has started water rationing in some form.  As I have mentioned before the soil here is clay and when it dries out it actually contracts.  This movement can damage foundation and roads.  When I was riding last week end I noticed a lot more roads have big cracks in them than I remember.  The other day, Wednesday I think, it rained nearly two inches.  It was so nice.

The other weather issue is the heat.  Due to the rain, Wednesday’s high temperature was “only” 95 F.  That was the first day in August that the high temperature was not 100 F or more.  I do not know how many new record highs we have set this month.
Health wise things are wait and see.  I am still tapering down on my medicine.  It will be almost another month before we know if the colitis has gone back into remission.  We have been on this fight since April so it is getting old.

Other than that things are just moving along.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home