July 22
It is nearly 8 AM and I am finishing my morning work.  After my post yesterday, it was a very relaxed day.  I napped in the afternoon.  I think it was a combination residual effect of the anesthesia and not much sleep the night before.  When I was awake I watched Thursday’s stage of the Tour de France that I had recorded.  It was quite exciting.  I know not everyone is into cycling but the Tour must be one of the most difficult sporting events in the world.  After that Elizabeth made a wonderful supper.  She roasted a chicken with carrots and potatoes.  It was so good.

After supper we went for a little drive.  It was an opportunity to get out and get a little fresh air and sunshine.  Elizabeth drove as I was really not up to it.  After we got home we watched an episode of the Mentalist for a DVD we purchased.  I know the show has aired for several years but we only recently discovered it.  We really like it.  We called it an early night.
Today I feel much better.  This can be a difficult time.  Although I feel good, I know inside I am still very sick.  The doctor said what I need most right now is just time to heal.  That was why I will need to stay off the bike for a couple of weeks.  So my plan for today is to again park on the couch and watch the last mountain stage of the Tour.  I know Elizabeth needs a few groceries so a trip to Kroger’s is also on the schedule.  She shops while I sit and read. 
One thing that we will have to be more diligent about is diet.  The doctor stressed several time that I need to minimize fiber right now while my colon is trying to heal.  Whatever Elizabeth prepares I am sure it will be delicious.


1 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

That chicken sure does look delicious. I know Elizabeth will do her very best to give you the food that the doctor says you need. So just try to relax as much as you can. At this time, a lot of people are praying for you both to get well and to have the peace of God.

Post a Comment

Home