July 10 update
I figured it was time for a blog update.  In fact way past time.  I will not say I have been too busy but I will say I have been busy and this blog is just too low a priority. We enjoyed a nice visit with my son Bryan.  He was in town on leave.  Now he is on his way to a deployment over seas.  We will pray for him every day until he returns safe and sound in about a year.

In addition to the normal stuff I do on weekends (run errands, work around the house and yard, walk Candi etc), July is also Tour month.  Some wives feel like football widows or baseball widows but Elizabeth is a Tour de France widow.  Each day I set the DVR to record that days stage and watch it in the evening or afternoon.  The last couple of days have been especially exciting.  Tomorrow is a rest day so we get a break too.  The next real important stage is Thursday when the race moves into the real mountains.  That will start to separate the contenders from pretenders.  Add to this some doctors appointments and we have been very busy.
Everything is going well for both of us medical wise.  After nearly three months I think we finally got my Colitis back under control.  Today I took my last steroid.  Now time will tell if it really is in remission.  Elizabeth went to the doctors too this past week.  She gained a couple of pounds.  Or her that is a very good thing and things in general seem to be improving.
We are into the full blown heat of summer.  Daily highs are in the upper 90’s and the humidity is also high.   A couple of weeks ago, after something like 46 days we got measurable rain.  Our back yard rain gauge said 3 inches.  It was amazing how all the plants responded.  Everything turn from brown to green. But alas, no more since then. 

Things are well at work.  I am busy busy.  My future there seems more or less set.  The plant where I work is currently for sale.  The company hopes to sell it by the end of next year.  My current plan is to work until the sale.  I will probably not work for the new owner but I may go back and do some contract work.  While that is still 17 months away I am sure it will be here before we know it.  And the sale could always be completed earlier than that.

That is all for now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home