Oct 9 update
First thank you for all the prayers and well wishes.  I feel much better today.  It was a pretty rough day Friday.  I felt much better yesterday but not quite 100%.  Today I am as close to normal as I get.
Today was a bit of a different Sunday.  I woke at my usual time, about 5 and did some computer stuff.  Elizabeth woke about an hour later and we decided to go to 7:30 Mass rather than our normal service at 11.  For breakfast I had scrambled egg, sausage and biscuit.  On the way home from church we stopped at the grocery store for a couple of items.
It was also an unusual day in that it rained.  As I compose this we have received 3 and a half inches of rain.  I wish it would continue for several days but I am grateful for what we have received.  So we had to stay inside all day.  We watched some television and rested.  Well actually I rested while Elizabeth was busy in the kitchen.  She made several things she then froze to have this week.

For lunch I had a grilled chicken breast, rice and veggies.   This evening I will take my last antibiotic pill.  For the next few days think I need to eat lots of yogurt and probiotics.  While antibiotics help fight infection they can also kill good bugs in the digestive system. 

One of the items we got at the grocery store was a doughnut.  Normally Sunday is our doughnut night.  We take Candi for her normal nightly walk and go to the local grocery store.  There Mommy gets a doughnut.  She gets one if they still have any.  Since we knew the forecast was for rain, we got the doughnut earlier today.  We did have a bit of a problem with it.  I guy who bagged the groceries put the doughnut at the bottom of the bag and then put heavy stuff on top of it.  Now our doughnut is flat.  I am sure it will still taste just fine.  That is for after supper.

All in all it has been a pretty good day.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. Too bad about your doughnut. We had a bagger once who started packing our vegetables in with the raw meat. Ugh.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flat donuts - yikes!!! I am not a big donut fan, but just the idea of all the jelly squeezing out and making a mess - like I said, yikes!
Love you. Sue

Post a Comment

Home