October 24
I just got home from an appointment with my gastroenterologist and my colitis is “officially” in remission.  Now we just have to keep it there.  We are doing what we can.  Elizabeth is a special help keeping meals tasty and healthy.  Now all I have to do is drop a few pounds.  I expect Elizabeth, my little diet cop, will help there too.
 
Not much else new.  It was a good week end.  We finished season 3 of the show “The Mentalist”.  We did not watch it when it originally broadcast.  We only discovered it this year.  We have been watching past episodes in order to get caught up.  Now we are ready to start this season.  Luckily we have them in DVR.
There was some bad news today.  At work I learned my boss’s father-in-law passed away yesterday.  Sad.  I actually did meet his son, my boss’s husband.  While I was in the hospital two years ago, I got feeling really sorry for myself.  Elizabeth called my boss and she dragged her husband along to visit me.  They were both so nice and reassuring.  That visit will always be important to me.  I really want to go and provide whatever small amount of support I can.

The doctor’s appointment I had today was actually rescheduled from earlier.  I learned today why it was changed.  My doctor’s husband was one of the spectators killed in the Reno air show crash.  Shows how fragile life is.  Her husband left the house to go to this air show and never returned.  Just another reminder none of us is guaranteed tomorrow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home