The end of 2011
Today is the last day of 2011.  Looking back it has been an up and down year.  It has also been a year of uncertainty.  On Feb 1 my company announced they were divesting of some assets and this included the plant where I work.  We still do not know much more than that.  Luckily I am at a point of my career where I can retire.  I also have experience in a very marketable area.  Right now we are planning for me to retire when the plant is sold and then work as a consultant for a few more years.

In April my health condition flared up.  The medicine I have to take to arrest this does other things to the body so once I start taking it I have to slowly taper off.  It takes months to complete.  We had to do this several times so it took almost 6 months to get everything fully under control.  It was a long journey.  I am so lucky I had Elizabeth to help.

In July my younger son deployed to Afghanistan.  He will be gone for a year.  Obviously that is stressful.

However the year had many high points.  We learned my step daughter is expecting.  She was once told she could not have children and soon we will have a second miracle.  Really aren't all babies miracles.  The year certainly ended good.  My relationship with my daughter seems to be improving.  It has been very up and down over the years but seems to be better now.  Also my son it currently home on leave.  Earlier this week he helped me install a new microwave.  It was so nice to spend some time together.

Elizabeth and I are fine.  We are looking forward to 2012.  It will be a year of change but I hope it will be a wonderful year.

Like every one I have some things I hope to improve in 2012.  First and foremost I need to loose weight.  I did well when I ate smaller portions and avoided the sweets.  I do not believe in fad diets but rather slow and steady.  As Elizabeth keeps saying it has to become a life style.  I also want to get better organized.  I actually made a lot of progress this year and just need to continue and expand in 2012.  I also will try to take more pictures.  The first few years Elizabeth and I were married we took pictures of everything.  This included the everyday events not just special occasions.  I want to get back there.  If I am successful I will have more stuff to blog about.  Now all i have to do is put actions to these goals.

Elizabeth and I are not big party people.  As in past years when 2012 rings in here, I fully expect we will be sound asleep.

HAPPY NEW YEAR


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home