Jan 15
It was a very nice Sunday here in Southeast Texas.  As per the last two mornings I got up did a bit of computer work and then went for a bike ride.  Today was another beautiful day weather-wise.  Cool but little wind as can be seen in the picture below. 


Compare that to this picture which was taken at nearly the same spot on Jan 1.  That day I fought 20+ mile per hour winds.


When I got home Elizabeth surprised me with a wonderful breakfast of Beignets and tea.  Beignets are French Doughnuts and were made famous by Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans.  You eat them with a little honey and they are wonderful.  Probably not good for dropping pounds but they were still yummy.  After eating I showered and then we were off to church.


After Mass it was lunch time.  I had some spaghetti with turkey sausage and broccoli.  It too was very good.  In the afternoon Elizabeth napped and I did some computer work.  My MP3 player was not working right so I tried deleting the songs and reloading them.  I will know if it worked next week end when I ride.  For supper I ate light.  I had a bowl of tomato soup, some little quiche appetizers and peaches. 


This evening we plan to watch the next episode of Downton Abbey. It has been a very relaxed Sunday and a wonderful week end.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home