March 9
It has been a while since I updated this blog.  So here goes.

Below is a picture of our front door.  I have always liked the look of a door with leaded glass.  However this one has clear glass so people can look inside.  Not good.  I went to Home Depot and got some stuff that makes the glass look frosted.
 

At first I did not realize there was a front and back to this stuff.  Several of the pieces kept falling off.  Now that I have it installed correctly it seems to work fine


We also got some new furniture.  We got a new kitchen table.  The old one was round and larger and really did not fit in the space well.  That was especially true when we put more than 4 people around it a had to use the leaf.  The new table fits much better and has no leaf.


We also got a new dining room table.  Before this room was bascially wasted space.  It is difficult to see in this picture but the table is curved along the side.  We call it the boat table as it has a bit of a boat shape.  Another nice thing is if you look closely under the table you can see a storage shelf.  There is also a drawer where Elizabeth can put table linens.


There is also a china cabinet.  Over the years Elizabeth has gotten us some very nice settings and now we have a place to store them.  It beats old boxes.


This past Monday was my birthday. It was kind of a hurried evening. After supper I got a phone call from work. There was a small problem they wanted some guidance on. With modern technology I was able to fire up my work computer and link to the company server. I could then look at some drawings and make an informed decision. However all of this took time. When I finished we were running late and had to leave. Sorry I did not call back, Sue. All in all it was a very nice evening.
My health continues to be good. We measure it by how long since I have had to take steroids. It has been 6 months now. That is the best we have done in a couple of years. I have to take my medicine. In fact today is an infusion day. So that is where I will be all afternoon. I still am careful with what I eat. Elizabeth does a wonderful job of making tasty meals with the limited ingredient selection she has available. Here are a couple of typical meals.


Marinated chicken over Alfredo noodles.


 Bar-b-que pork chop, sweet potato and green beans.


And a good old cheeseburger on a home made roll with potato pieces.

I do still ride my bike.  Now that sunrise is getting earlier I can ride longer.  I try to get home around 9.  However no riding this week end and th eforecast is rain all week end.  I guess I should not be quite so qhick to rule riding out.  It was suppose to eain this moring but as  I type this the roads are dry.  I could have ridden today.

If the weather does stay dry I need to now the lawn.  Here our winter is over and spring has definitely arrived.  Things are growing and the pollen is out.  In fact some mornings when I leave the house, the car is cover with a coat of yellow powder, pollen. 

Elizabeth is doing well.  In fact last night she said she wished she could hold our lives just as it is now.  No drama is a good thing.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Susan said...

Hello Dave - I have been following yours and Elizabeth's blog for a while now and was glad to see that you have put up a new post! I had been out of touch with blogland for quite some time and when I tried to find Elizabeth again her blog was gone:-( But I read through all of your posts and was happy to find her again! I enjoy your blog; you have a good sense of humor and your posts are straight, informative, entertaining and to the point. My little Shih Tzu, Lexi, loves to hear all about Miss Candi and has become her friend online:-) In addition to the things you write about I look forward to seeing your pictures of all the yummy things that Elizabeth prepares for you. I had a brother with Crohn's Disease and colitis so I know a bit about what you are going through. I hope you continue to do well!
Susan

Post a Comment

Home