October 1
Here it is the first day of October. It is hard to believe the year is three quarters over and the holidays are just around the corner. In fact here the first “holiday” is only a few days away. That will be Elizabeth’s birthday. I have some of my shopping done but not all. I would show you what I got but Elizabeth has been known to visit this blog.
It was a very busy week. It was also a somewhat emotional week. It was emotional due to our pending house sale. It seemed like every time we thought we had a done deal the buyer would come back and ask for more. But now we have a signed contact and the option period has expired. I guess our realtor thinks it is a done deal as the house is no longer listed. I am not sure if the For Sale sign is gone yet.

I am feeling much better. Thanks to all for prayers and support. This morning I felt good enough to get out and ride my bike. Before I rode I had a snack of chocolate milk, banana and homemade cinnamon roll. Elizabeth’s cinnamon rolls are so good. I rode exactly 20 miles. When I got home we had breakfast. I had some yogurt with granola and toasted bread with peanut butter and jelly. Then we went to run some errands. One stop was at the post office. As usual there was only one person working the window and she had not done so in several years. Needless to say she was not very efficient. Add to that we wanted to rent a PO box and we were there for 30 minutes. The only consolation was all the people on line behind us would soon find out it was not us who held things up but rather the clerk. The PO box is so the people buying the house will not have our home address. If something goes wrong we do not want them calling us expecting us to fix it.

After our errands were complete I dropped Elizabeth at home and was ready to go to a restaurant there we were having a lunch for a guy who started working on the same project I am working on. Actually he retired three months ago and I took him job. Due to IRS rules he could not work for the company for 90 days. That limit is up so he is back as a contractor. In those three months much has happen so there is plenty of work for both of us.

When I got back home I had lunch. I had salmon patties and a salad. It was pretty good.

After lunch I had some computer work to do. This included sending the new PO box address to the title company and submitting a change of address to the Post Office. After that I ordered some replacement lenses for my sunglasses. I only wear these when I ride and it was difficult for me to spend that kind of money on myself. Now I think I will go and read and maybe take a nap. Elizabeth is already napping. At least she is suppose to be.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home