September 26 Update
Yesterday when I first got up, I always wake up before Elizabeth; I had one last job to do related to our recent telecommunication change.  I had to connect a newly delivered router.  This allowed us to cut the cable and use our computer and printer wirelessly.  It was fairly straight forward but there seems to be one problem.  If the printer is idle for too long the network does not recognize it.  I try to print something and I get a communication error.  However if I power up the printer first it seems t work fine.
Saturday is normally our work around the house day.  However this Saturday we did not have a lot of work to do.  I took Candi to the groomer and then came home and had breakfast.  After that I had some errands to run.  This included stops to look at birthday gifts for Elizabeth.  Her birthday is mid October.  When I got home I got Elizabeth and we ran a couple of additional errands.  Then it was home for lunch.  The afternoon was relaxed with both of us talking naps.  Around 4 we started to get ready for church.  For the last few weeks we have been going to 5 PM Mass on Saturday and it has worked well for us. We leave a bit early so we can stop at the old house and collect the mail.  After Mass we stopped at the grocery store which is located near the church.  Then it was home for supper.  Supper on Saturdays are generally less formal than week days.  Usually leftovers or something light and easy.  For example this week I had a toasted ham and cheese sandwich and a bowl of butternut squash soup.  While easy it was still delicious.  Since they are informal we actually eat while watching television.  We have a number of things we have recorded and would like to watch.

It was dark by the time we finished so there was no walk for Candi.  After supper we finished watching television and called it a day.  Not a very productive day but we all need some down time especially after the week we both had.


3 Comments:

A day of rest and relaxation is always a good thing.

It's always good to have some down time. Restores and rejuvenates.

Blogger Denise said...

Hi Dave,
Glad that you were able to have a little down time, your "light dinner" or supper as we call it in my neck of the woods sounds delicious. Wonder what you and Candi are getting Elizabeth for her birthday?? Guess we will have to wait, LOL.

Post a Comment

Home