Sept 13
Right now it is a few minutes after 5. It is a normal Monday morning and I will be getting ready for work soon. This is certainly different than the situation was two years ago. Two years ago we were waking up in a hotel on the west side of Houston. Well we were not exactly waking since we never really got any sleep. It was two years ago that hurricane Ike roared through southeast Texas. You can get more details from my posts for Sept 2008.

September 12, 2010 was a very good day. After doing some computer work and eating a snack I went for a bike ride. Typically I ride about 2 hours. Yesterday it was a bit longer since I took a long cut. Long cuts are those new routes we try thinking they will be a short cut but it does not work out. Anyways after I got home I showered and had breakfast. After breakfast we were going to take Candi to the park but it was already too hot and humid so we decided to not go. We did have a few errands to run but mostly it was a rest and relax day at home. We both took naps in the afternoon. I had some computer work to do as did Elizabeth. This work included cleaning up this blog. I deleted some old comments that did not get deleted when I removed the post. Elizabeth was watching me and did not realize these were old outdated comments. She thought she would update her blog also thus the lost comments. We also had a couple of episodes of a show titled The Glades to watch. We only recently discovered this show. I am not sure how Elizabeth discovered it. Someone may have recommended it to her. In any event we have watched some episodes and really like it. That is probably the death sentence for the show. Usually when we find a show we really like, it gets removed. In any event we will enjoy while we can. For supper I had a bar b qued chicken sandwich and French fries. It was very good. Just before sunset it had cooled enough for us to take Candi for her walk.

The only negative for the day was I was not feeling very good. I ache in several spots including my shoulder and wrist. I am not sure if it from all the yard work I did on Friday or it is my condition flaring up. I hope it is not a flare up as I am still two weeks from my next infusion. It will be a very long two weeks if that is the case. I took a couple of Tylenol and went to bed early. Today I feel better but still a little sore.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dave ~
I don't think I would like getting up at 5 ~ 6 is early enough for me!
I know that strange feeling when an anniversary of a hurricane comes around ~ it's weird isn't it?
Yesterday was very hot and humid here as well. This morning I woke up to find much cooler temperatures. I walk 4 1/2 miles a day (well, 5 days a week) and have been at it for over 6 years. It was such a nice change from all that humidity!
I hope you feel better today and dont' work too hard!

That is usually what happens to my husband and I whenever we find something we like, ie;shows or products. They cancel the show or the product is taken off the market for some reason. :(

Hope you are feeling ok and make it to your infusion with no flareups before that.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dave! I'm a first time signer! Just wanted to say hope your week goes well. I love the new show The Glades as well but I'm like you, it more than likely won't last long since we like it!!!

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Dave
If it dosnt conteract with the meds you are taking lavender in the bath will help you relax and I do belive arnica will help with aching in general.
Hope so
Best
Rachel

Post a Comment

Home