Sept 6
It has been an up and down week end. It has had high points and low points. It actually started on a low. Friday would have been my Mom’s 80th birthday. She was looking forward to a big celebration. But she did not make it. After a rainy start which kept me from riding my bike, Friday was a day to run errands. After a sad start the day got better but not great. Our television provider is AT&T UVerse. While I really like the features they no longer carry the Hallmark Channel. That is one of our favorite channels. We decided to switch to Comcast cable. We have had Comcast before and I know they have about the worst customer service in the world but they do carry the most of the channel we like to watch. I sure wish we could just select they channels we wanted.

Saturday was our work around the house day. First I got to go for a bike ride. For me it was mow the lawn day. I still have not mastered this yard yet. We have several trees in the front yard that have to be worked around. The back yard is simple. However this time I found a couple of ant mounds that needed attention. These are fire ants and there is a reason they are called fire ants. They are tiny ants but their bite can be painful. Late Saturday afternoon we went to Mass. We are still trying to find the right service for us. After supper we watched a movie we had rented, Julie and Julia. It was good but we did have a small problem. When it started the movie was in black and white. After some investigation I discovered the DVD player was not connected to the TV correctly. I guess this was the first we had used it since we had moved.

Sunday was a great day. A cold front came through the area. Cold front may be technically correct but it really was not cold. It just was not so hot and less humid. I got up early and went for a ride. At one point while riding a truck pulled out in front of me. It was spraying the area for mosquitoes. There is nothing like the smell of pesticide in the morning. Luckily the wind was from a favorable direction.

In any event, later we took Candi to the park and let her run and chase the birds. She really loved it. Then we sat in the pavilion and had something to eat and drink. Candi would not eat as she was far too busy.

After a while we came home and had lunch. The afternoon was a relaxed one. After supper we watched another movie we had rented, Young Victoria. It was good but we made the mistake of starting it while the dishwasher was running. It made it a bit hard to hear and which the English accent a bit harder to understand.

So all in all a good weekend even it if did have some low points.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home