Sept 11
WOW! I had 5 comments! I do not think I ever got 5 comments before. Thank you all.

Today was a work around the house day. I got up early and did some computer work and had my coffee. Weekends I indulge in decaf coffee. After that I had my morning snack. I had some chocolate milk, a banana and breakfast cake. Then I was off for a ride. Since I had lots to do I cut it a bit short and was home by 8:30. Since I was going to work and get all sweaty I did not shower after my ride. I am sure the people I interacted with loved that. I took Candi to the groomer and on the way home stopped to get the car fixed. I walked to the house Elizabeth is watching and took his truck to get home. This actually served two purposed as the owner asked us to start and drive his truck each weekend. When I got home we ate breakfast. I had a bagel with PB & J.

Then it was time to get to work. Elizabeth had some flower she wanted planted in front of the house. Once those were in the ground I edged and then mowed the lawn. Today’s high temperature was in the upper 90’s by the way. So it is definitely not fall here even if the candy corns are out. After that I showered and got some clean clothes on and we had lunch. I had a steak and baked potato. YUM it was wonderful. Saturday is typically the only day of the week I eat beef. After lunch the car was done and Candi was ready. The car repair was no cost. The tire repair was under warrantee and after checking more closely they did not need to install the shim to get the alignment correct.

I got home around 2:30 and all of us rested. Right now it is nearly four and I need to get Elizabeth up so we can get ready for church tonight. They are going to have a guest singer who will perform for about 15 minutes before the actual service starts.


7 Comments:

What a lovely day you have had.
I hope you are both well and enjoying your new home.
Much love
Rhonda

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you opened your blog again. I have been a silent reader for quite some time. You and Elizabeth both have very nice posts and pictures.

Sincerely,

Anne

Blogger Unknown said...

Dave
you put me to shame with the gardening. I truly must get out and tackle the jungle that had started to emerge. Hope church was uplifting for you both
Blessings
Rachel

Blogger Denise said...

Hi Dave,
I certainly wouldn't dream of complaining about the temps, we have had low 70's, I am in Maine and it's truly early Fall weather, the kind you described in your previous post. You and Elizabeth would be most welcome to visit to enjoy some apples and cider, LOL.

Enjoy your day!

P.S. Have a piece of Candy Corn for me!

Blogger Denise said...

Hi Dave,
I follow Elizabeth's blog, I wouldn't dare complain about the weather, it's in the low 70's, the early Fall weather like in New York. I live in Maine and could relate to what you described, when we lived in IN for a short time it was different even than Fall in Maine. You and Elizabeth are always welcome to come for a visit if you need a "Fall" fix, LOL.

Have a piece of candy corn for me!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a busy day.
My husband spend yesterday weeding and edging the yard as well. I pick out the flowers, my husband does the planting:)
I hope Miss Candi was alright on her car trip!

Blogger Denise said...

Hi Dave,
I am a follower of Elizabeth's blog and we seem to have lots in common, chatting seems to be one of them, LOL.

Just returned from the store and Fall has officially arrived at my house I have Candy Corn, LOL! All the things that you described about Fall in New York are happening here in Maine I hope to get some apple picking in soon, but I don't look forward to dealing with the leaves.

Post a Comment

Home