Sept 9
Today was to be a busy day. Since it was suppose to start around 7:30 I did not ride my bike. First I was going to take Candi to the groomer. It would actually serve two purposes. First she needed a good bath and to get her fur trimmed. Second she would be out of the house for the rest of the work to be done. Our TV provider is AT&T UVerse. We like the service but they recently stopped carrying the Hallmark Channel. Since this is one of our favorite channels and with the new season set to start we did not want to be without. So Elizabeth had scheduled then to come and disconnect our UVerse and switch us the DSL. We were also to have Comcast connect our television to cable. We have had Comcast before. While I was not excited about having to go back to their service, I was looking forward to getting both the Hallmark Channel and the Hallmark Movie Channel. With AT&T we did not get the movie channel. Well last night after normal business hours we got a voice message saying they could not connect the DSL until Monday at the earliest. It was not clear if the service guy would still come to the house or not.

This morning at the appointed time I got up and took Candi. As we pulled up in front of the groomer, the lights were off and the “Closed” sign was in the window. So back home we went. You have to understand, Candi HATES to ride in the car. Taking her anywhere is a real chore. And to do it fro no reason is all the worse. When I got back home Elizabeth was on the phone with AT&T. It seems there is now a problem with the main lines in our area. So no service guy was coming and we faced to prospect of being without a phone or television all week end. While AT&T and UVerse are the same company they apparently do not talk to each other. So basically we put a halt to everything. We will check on Monday and if the main line is fixed we will try again next Friday. While this is frustrating, it really is not surprising from AT&T. We have never had good service from them.

I should also mention that last night we were out and I noticed the left front tire was very soft. We came right home and I pumped it up. I mean I really pumped it up using my hand driven bike pump. Today it was down a bit so we must have a slow leak. I will take it to the tire store tomorrow.


After we got the TV, phone situation on hold, it ended up being a good day. We ran a few errands and did a little work around the house. Tonight after a supper of green salad with chicken I will go to my meeting.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a day we had. I am so thankful we don't hold our plans too tight any more or I would have been a basket case this morning. It was a very wonderful day. Thank you for helping me feather our nest.
I love you.
Snurtle

Blogger Debbie J said...

Some days are like that! Its good that the daya turned out ok after all.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,
I can't tell you how many times we have had a problem with AT&T. We recently went back to them because we had way too much trouble with Vonage. Anyway, its funny you should mention the Hallmark Movie Channel, because my husband just ordered it for us yesterday. I noticed they had Matlock episodes on almost every night. This weekend its a Matlock, Diagnosis Murder marathon.
Glad the rest of your day went smooth.
Our Junior hates car rides too ~ just becomes a ball of nerves!

Post a Comment

Home