Sept 24 Update
I know it has been a while since I updated but this blog has been a low priority. My past week was dominated by two issues. One the same as last week the other new.


The repeat was health or more correctly pain. The steroids worked at first. The pain went away. However, it was a 6 day taper. The first day I took 24 milligrams the next 20 milligrams then 16 and so on until they were gone. Once they were gone the pain came back. Not as bad as before but this it was there. Since I knew Friday (today) was Remicade day I just stuck it out. The pain was inconsistent. One day my wrist would be so sore I could hardly drive. The next the wrist would be fine but my shoulder and neck would hurt. Today before my infusion I felt fine with no real pain at all. Elizabeth has been real strict on the diet and that may be at least part of it.
The other issue is really a good thing. We think we finally have a buyer for our house. YEAH! As Elizabeth posted on her blog it is not our perfect buyer. In fact when we started it was not even on the radar screen. But we are trusting it will work out as it should. We may even come to realize this is better than we originally had thought. We have settled on the price and most of the details. The only thing left is to complete the inspection. There are several “big ticket” items that could pop up. These include foundation, air conditioning and roof. We had the foundation repaired several years ago, the AC was replaced 4 years ago and the roof has been through several tropical storms and hurricanes including Rita and Ike and never showed a drop of leakage. So we are confident the only things the inspector may find are small. Right now we are scheduled to close on Oct 8.

Other than those, life has been pretty routine. I was not able to ride my bike last week end or this one due to inflammation. We are still getting to “know” our new television shows that just started to premiere. Well it is nearly supper time.

By the way there are a couple of other new posts below.


4 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

I came over from Elizabeth's blog. I'm sorry for the pain you're going through. You're in my prayers daily. With God's will, the sale of the house will go through for you.

Blogger Nancy said...

Dave...I'm praying that all goes well with the inspection!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dave ~
I pray all goes well with the inspection and you will be able to sell your house soon!
Glad you are feeling better!

Blogger ~~Deby said...

Praying for your house to sell...thanks for the update...I am sorry that you have such health issues...I am sure Elizabeth is such a encouragement in this area of your life...you both seem so well suited for each other.

Post a Comment

Home