Oct 24
I know it has been a couple of weeks since I last updated this blog. Except for medical issues things have been pretty much routine. The medical issues revolve around getting my medicine right. I was in pain due to a flare up. My joints especially wrist and ankles hurt. I went to the doctors and she agreed to change the frequency of my treatment to every 4 weeks. She also gave me a shot and a prescription for some medicine to relieve pain and inflammation. I had my treatment on Friday and I feel much better. Hopefully we have it right now. We will know for sure in 4 weeks.

I have not been able to ride my bike as much as I would like. I do hope to ride later this morning.

This week end is the week end for the Wings Over Houston, an air show. Since we live close to Ellington Field, we hear all the planes. This year the feature act is the Air Force Thunderbirds. We plan to take our chairs to a neighborhood park and watch the show later today. Yesterday while we were out running errands we drove near enough that we got caught in the traffic.

I do not know if it is a local thing or times have changed since I was a kid but in this area people decorate their houses for Halloween. When I was growing up in upstate New York, the only “decoration” you would see was a pumpkin carves into a Jack-O-lantern. Around here the houses have all kinds of decorations. Last night Elizabeth drove around a bit to look at some. There was one small part of a neighborhood where there seems to be a competition going on. There were 4 or 5 houses with exceptional decorations. I tried to take a picture but without success. I will try again in the daylight. We also visited a neighborhood we typically do not drive through. It is the most exclusive one in the area with the highest priced homes. One area was full of million dollar plus houses. The streets twist and turn and pretty soon we were a bit lost. I think we will be investing in a GPS today.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dave ~
I hope this treatment brings you continued relief!

When I was a kid carved pumpkins were the only decoration too. My husband and I were just talking about this the other day. I read somewhere the Halloween is the second biggest holiday for selling decorations. Crazy isn't it? I did hang some lights outside and we will carve a pumpkin that's enough for us!

Post a Comment

Home