Pin cushion
Well I now know how a pin cushion feels and it is not good.  Today I had to go to the doctor's office to have blood samples drawn.  This is in advance of a physical next week.  I have small veins and have always had trouble giving blood.  Today was especially bad.  I think it is because I was also a bit dehydrated.  The doctor said I needed to fast before they drew blood.  So I did not eat anything nor did I drink any water.  once at the doctor's the nurse stuck my left arm.  She got two vials of blood and then it stopped.  She tried sticking my right arm but with no success.  She had another nurse try and she chose the back of my right hand.  Again no luck.  They then sent me to a place where drawing blood is all they do.  There they tried the back of my left hand.  Finally they got the third and final sample.

I guess I should also mention I hate needles and giving blood.  During the first attempt I got very light headed and I was afraid I may actually pass out.  I went from sitting to laying down and that helped.  I am glad physicals are only once per year.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes!!! You should put on your calendar for next year that fasting does not include H2O. Love you.....
Sue

Post a Comment

Home