Happy Mother's Day
Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms.  My Mom past away two years ago tomorrow.

So far this has been a wet week end.  I did not get to ride my bike Friday morning as it was raining.  Then that evening we had a terrible storm blow through.  We had thunder and lightning all night.  It also rained hard.  The picture above appears to show an empty rain gauge.  In fact it shows a full one.  We had over 5 inches of rain over night.  While I am grateful for what we got, I do wish it had come over several days rather than several hours. 

We stopped at the house Elizabeth is watching while the owner is overseas and found his alarm was not working.  Actually the alarm works fine, the control panel to turn it off was not working.  We finally had to just power it down and they are sending a repair man out to fix.  It was painful on the ears.

Other than that is has been a typical week end so far.  Today, Sunday, is forecast to be a dry day.  Once I finish this post I will eat, get my riding clothes on and hit the road.  The temperature is in the mid 60's, expected to be in the mid 80's later.  The wind is light out of the north, which means low humidity.  It will be a near perfect day. 


1 Comments:

Anonymous Susan said...

Hi Dave -

My Mom passed away a year and a half ago so I can empathize with how you may be feeling. I miss her very much, especially on Holidays like today. Plus my son is going to University on the East Coast (I live in San Diego) and I really miss him. So, a lot of missing going on today, but thankfulness, too. Hope you enjoy(ed) your bike ride.
Susan

Post a Comment

Home