Three more years

Well our future plans become a bit clearer this past week.  My company announced it planned to sell the plant where I work in February of last year.  We waited for over a year and a half with this hanging over us.  A month or so ago the new buyer was announced.  This past week they made a presentation outlining their expectation and benefits package.  This helped set our plans.  The bottom line is I now expect to work for three more years for the new company.  This year, 2012, had always been the year I expected to retire from my company.  Not that I really wanted to but due to some agreements when my former and current companies merged years ago it was the best year.  I had always planned to continue working but was not sure where.  Now I will retire at the end of this year.  We will take that money and invent it.  Then the next day I will go back to work doing the same thing at the same place with the same people but for a new company.  I will do that for three years and then I will be eligible for a pension from the new company.  It will not be a lot but it beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.  Isn’t it funny how things work out? 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home