Feb 12
Happy birthday honest Abe.

Here is how my Saturday has been so far.


I got up a bit later than normal. I think the Remicade makes me tired. While it was still a cold morning, it was forecast to be warmer than the day before. I decided to go for a ride. Before I rode I ate a bagel with cream cheese, banana and a glass of Ovaltine. Then I got ready to ride. Since the temperature was in the low 30’s I wore several layers. On the bottom I had long underwear, my padded riding shorts and then riding tights. The tights are lined with fleece on the font part of the leg. On the top I wore a long sleeve tee shirt, a thermal shirt, a sweatshirt and finally a jersey. On my feet my shoes were covered by booties and I wore gloves. The only things not covered were my ears. Below is a picture of most of my riding stuff on the line after being washed.

When I got home I showered and had breakfast.  I had yogurt with granola in it, a homemade cinnamon roll and water.  After breakfast the temperature was quickly rising so Elizabeth and I walked to the nearby Randall’s grocery store.  On the way we stopped at the neighbor to look at the raised vegetable bed they built.  At the store, I got a few last minute St Valentine Days items.  Then we walked back home.  Lunch was my big meal for the day.  It included steak, baked potato and salad.  While the steak was actually only half of what Elizabeth cooked, it was still too much for me to eat.


Now it is nearly 3 and I am ready for a nap.  We plan to go to church tonight and then come home and eat.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHH!!! Those cinnamon rolls are simply the best. Love... Sue

Post a Comment

Home