Songbirds
The weather in Southeast Texas is so unpredictable. On Thursday I came home early as the forecast included a winter storm warning. This included a predicted 3 inches of snow. The forecast was so dire most of the schools decided on Thursday not to open on Friday. We went to the grocery store to get some last minute supplies. Actually they were things we would have purchased anyways we just got them a bit earlier. While it was not that bad in our area, other parts of the areas did get hit. Not so much with snow but with ice. Much worse. Although the city leaders ask people to stay off the roads, there were hundreds of accidents and 6 fatalities. So Elizabeth and I stayed in Friday morning. By afternoon the sun was shining and it most of the streets were dry. Saturday was even nicer and today better still. In fact it was nice enough that I got back on the bike this morning.

Between the weather and not feeling well it has been a couple of weeks since I last rode. I noticed something different today, things sounded different. There are a few types of birds that stay here all winter. Mostly they include crows, blackbirds and vultures. But today as I rode I could hear real song birds. I was able to spot a Blue Jay, several Cardinals, Sparrows and Red Wing Blackbirds. Right now, 10:15 AM, the sun is shining bright and the temperature is in the mid 50’s. It should be in the mid 60’s this afternoon. It will be a fine day to take Candi for a walk. I may even wear shorts.

Time to get ready for church.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home