Merry Christmas
We have had a wonderful couple of days.  On Christmas Eve we had our family celebration.  It was a small gathering this year.  Joining Elizabeth and I were my daughter-in-law, her son and my two grandsons.  My son is currently in Korea.  He did join us via Skype.  It was 4 AM there so he was just getting up.  We open gifts and had some snacks.  Also joining us was a very good family friend.  Here is the group.


That evening I had the last of my Advent Treats.  Rather than have an Advent Calendar, Elizabeth made one of these little packages for each day of December until Christmas Eve.  Each had a sweet inside.  Some had M&Ms some had mints.

That evening we turned on our lights for the last time.  Here is the outside of our little apartment.

On Christmas morning I got up and went to 8:30 Mass.  Elizabeth stayed home.  When I got home we ate breakfast then opened our presents.  Here are pictures of Elizabeth's gifts and mine.


 
Candi loves to help unwrap gifts.  She loves to just rip the paper.  Her is her standing in the middle of her work.
 

Santa was very good to me.  I got mostly clothes, a pair of shoes and some other goodies.  I got a new wallet, which I very much needed.  In it was some money.  Elizabeth was it was tradition to put money in a gift wallet for luck.  I never hear that before but I like it.  Elizabeth also got mostly clothes.  She also got some new pearls.  I really liked these as they are different colors.  Here are pictures of her and our little family.

 
 
After gift it was time to take down the tree and decorations and move it all to storage.  The apartment is just too small to give floor space to a tree.  We are ready to start 2014 as it will be a great year for us.

We wish all who read this a very Merry Christmas.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home