End of 2013
Today is the last day of 2013.  What a year it has been.  It the past year I have changed companies, had my 60th birthday,  had shoulder surgery, sold a house, moved to an apartment and started building a new house.  And those are just the big items.  There were many other smaller but equally important events.  Looking back I think 2013 was a good year.  I am thankful for so many things.  First and foremost I had Elizabeth in my life.  She helped me celebrate the good times and comfort me in the trying times.  I could not have done as much without her love, support and guidance.  She is my rock and my conscience.  I know I can always talk to her and she will help me see things clearly.  It may not always be what I want but it is always what I need.  Elizabeth, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love you.

Things are moving with the house.  The construction has started and it looks more and more like a real house each day.  Here is the latest picture.
That of course is Elizabeth standing in front of the garage.  As you can see we also have the driveway poured.
 
I am also thankful for good health.  While I still have to keep on top of things and take medicine, my system was in remission all year.  The shoulder is still recovering but seems to be fine.  I still need to work on range of motion.
 
At work things are starting to clarify.  I have gotten to know the way our new owner does business.  We are also in a much different place there during previous owner changes and we have been through several.  Not to boast but we have retirement money set aside and invested.  I also have very marketable skills and experience.  People who I use to work with that have left the company have had no problem finding new work.  If I had to leave I am confident I could have a new jobs within days if I wanted.
 
We have had some challenges this past year.  Elizabeth has had several health problems we had to work though including a pretty serious case of flu.  But even those seem to be under control and we have a plan for moving forward.
 
It has been a long year with Bryan in Korea.  He will be leaving there in just a few days.  It will be so good to see him again. 
 
While it was a year of growth and for the most part improvement in my relationship with my daughter, unfortunately I end the year on a sour note with her.  There are a number of reasons for this but it does make me sad.  Looking back I am comfortable that I did the right thing for me and my family.
 
All in all 2013 was a pretty good year.  Tomorrow I hope to post a look forward.
 
I hope all who read this have a Happy New Year's.  I expect Elizabeth and I will be sound asleep when 2014 rolls in.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home